5kV, 400A Cable Mount & Equipment Mount Couplers
These cable couplers are rugged and specially designed for use in mines and tunneling.
Medium voltage couplers can be manufactured to be compatible with all other couplers of North American design.
These couplers are fully sealed when installed and can be used in wet and dusty environments as they are designed to be IP57 compliant.
Typical Applications Include:
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight cast Aluminum components that provide strength and coupler durability.
- MCS custom manufactured special strain relief entrance fitting:
Special self-centering entrance fitting ensures balanced cable strain relief and water sealing
- Individually machined phase insulators made of high dielectric polymer:
Made of break resistant material and individually removable.
- Individual Phase contacts and insulators can be shielded to ground
- Machined high strength stainless steel and bronze corrosion resistant hardware
- Unique set screw(mechanical), compression style or solder style connector system eliminates conductor pull-out under normal operating conditions.
- Silver plated contacts (optional)
- Inter-phase ground shielding: Ensures that all faults would be phase to ground, not phase to phase.
- Powder or Epoxy coated body components
- Multiple Interconnection options
- Longer main body to accommodate larger cable and conductors.
- Adapter plates for a variety of cable strain relief options.
Voltage: 5000 Volts AC
Current: 400 Amps
- Tested to IEEE 386-1995:
Our 5kV, 400A insulators are a single wall design.
- For Switchgear Mounted Couplers - MCS couplers meet requirements of CSA C22.2 No. 31-04
- Manufactured to meet IP67H design standards.
5kV-8kV Coupler Product Data Sheet 2017.pdf
How to Order Couplers